The Second Amendment : the intent and its interpretation by the states and the Supreme Court / Patrick J. Charles
- Charles, Patrick J.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 222 pages ; 23 cm
- The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed -- Revisionist judicial interpretation and review -- Placing the Second Amendment in its proper historical context -- The conditional right to keep and bear arms -- "In defence of themselves and the state" -- Bearing arms in the Ohio Constitution.
- "Some interpret it as protecting personal privilege to own and carry firearms, others to bear arms in relation to militia service. Book concludes that it is meant only to protect the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" for the purpose of defending the country in a militia force against foreign or domestic armies"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786442706 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786442700 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-216) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5100915