Doctors of deception : what they don't want you to know about shock treatment / Linda Andre
- Andre, Linda, 1959-
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 359 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- The trouble with time -- Eugenic conceptions I : ticking time bombs -- Eugenic conceptions II : useless eaters -- A little brain pathology -- Informed consent and the dawn of the public relations era -- The American Psychiatric Association Task Force -- The making of an American activist -- The ECT industry cows the media -- Long strange trip : ECT and the food and drug administration -- The Committee for Truth in Psychiatry -- Anecdote or evidence? -- Shaming science -- The lie that won't die -- Erasing history -- The triumph of public relations over science -- Should shock be banned? : the moral context -- Where do we go from here?
- 9780813544410 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0813544416 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 316-348) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5115418