Assessing student learning : a common sense guide / Linda Suskie ; foreword by Trudy W. Banta
- Suskie, Linda A.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 342 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- What is assessment? -- How can student learning be assessed? -- What is good assessment? -- Why are you assessing student learning? -- The keys to a culture of assessment: tangible value and respect -- Supporting assessment efforts with time, infrastructure, and resources -- Organizing an assessment process -- Developing learning goals -- Using a scoring guide or rubric to plan and evaluate an assignment -- Creating an effective assignment -- Writing a traditional test -- Assessing attitudes, values, dispositions, and habits of mind -- Assembling assessment information into portfolios -- Selecting a published test or survey -- Setting benchmarks or standards -- Summarizing and analyzing assessment results -- Sharing assessment results with internal and external audiences -- Using assessment results effectively and appropriately -- Keeping the momentum going.
- 9780470289648 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 323-330) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5115437