Broadway melody of 1936 [videorecording] : Broadway melody of 1938 / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents
- Additional Titles:
- Broadway melody of 1938
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (101, 110 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Del Ruth, Roy, 1893-1961
Considine, John W., Jr., 1898-1961
Cummings, Jack, 1900-1989
McGowan, J. P. (John P.), 1880-1952
Silvers, Sid, 1901-1976
Hart, Moss, 1904-1961
Benny, Jack, 1894-1974
Powell, Eleanor, 1912-1982
Taylor, Robert, 1911-1969
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Classic musicals double feature
- Language Note:
- Broadway melody of 1936: In English with optional French subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Broadway melody of 1938: In English or dubbed French, with optional English or French subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- An Albany girl-next-door poses as France's and Broadway's exotic La Belle Arlette. The '38 tale has her portraying a horse trainer who's just as much at ease in taps and tuxedo as she is in riding boots and jodhpurs.
- Cataloged from container.
Broadway melody of 1936 based on an original story by Moss Hart.
Broadway melody of 1938, original story by Jack McGowan and Sid Silvers.
Originally released in 1935 and 1937, respectively.
Special features, disc 1: vintage short, "Sunkist stars at Palm Springs"; classic cartoon "To spring"; "Leo is on the air" radio promo (audio only); theatrical trailer. Disc 2: short film "That mothers might live"; classic cartoon "Pipe dreams"; outtake songs, alternate audio cues, "Good news of 1938" radio program and "Leo is on the air" radio promo (audio only); theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Broadway melody of 1936: screenplay by Jack McGowan and Sid Silvers ; additional dialogue by Harry Conn ; music and lyrics by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed ; directed by Roy del Ruth ; produced by John W. Considine, Jr.
Broadway melody of 1938: directed by Roy del Ruth ; produced by Jack Cummings ; screenplay by Jack McGowan ; music and lyrics by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Broadway melody of 1936: Jack Benny, Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor.
Broadway melody of 1938: Robert Taylor, Eleanor Powell.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, full screen, Dolby Digital mono, dual -layer.
View MARC record | catkey: 5115857