Intern : a doctor's initiation / Sandeep Jauhar
- Jauhar, Sandeep, 1968-
- New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2008.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 299 pages ; 24 cm
- Escape -- Phase transition -- Medical school -- Bogus doctor -- On call -- Road trip -- First death -- Heart rhythms -- Customer service -- Falling down -- Psychotherapy -- Night float -- Hole -- Winter blues -- Difficult patients -- Pride and prejudice -- Informed consent -- Bloody penguins -- Code leader -- Gentle surprises -- Fellowship.
- Jauhar recounts his days and nights in residency at a busy hospital in New York City, a trial that led him to question the quality of medical care today. His beautifully written memoir explains that modern medicine can be a humane science after all.
- 9780374146597 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0374146594 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -296).
View MARC record | catkey: 5122676