A place to be : Brazilian, Guatemalan, and Mexican immigrants in Florida's new destinations / edited by Philip J. Williams, Timothy J. Steigenga, and Manuel A. Vásquez
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 238 pages : map ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, Philip J., 1959-
Steigenga, Timothy J., 1965-
Vásquez, Manuel A.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction : understanding transnationalism, collective mobilization, and lived religion in new immigrant destinations / Philip J. Williams, Manuel A. Vásquez, and Timothy J. Steigenga -- Beyond homo anomicus : interpersonal networks, space, and religion among Brazilians in Broward County / Manuel A. Vásquez -- From Jacaltenango to Jupiter : negotiating the concept of "family" through transnational space and time / Silvia Irene Palma, Carol Girón Solórzano, and Timothy J. Steigenga -- Solidarities among Mexican immigrants in Immokalee / Patricia Fortuny Loret de Mola, Mirian Solís Lizama, and Philip J. Williams -- Transnationalism and collective action among Guatemalan and Mexican immigrants in two Florida communities / Timothy J. Steigenga and Philip J. Williams -- Immigrant regime of production : the state, political mobilization, and religious and business networks among Brazilians in south Florida / José Claúdio Souza Alves -- Lived religion and a sense of home : the ambiguities of transnational identity among Jacaltecos in Jupiter / Timothy J. Steigenga, Silvia Irene Palma, and Carol Girón Solórzano -- Looking for lived religion in Immokalee / Philip J. Williams and Patricia Fortuny Loret de Mola -- Brazilian and Mexican women : interacting with God in Florida / Patricia Fortuny Loret de Mola, Lúcia Ribeiro, and Mirian Solís Lizama -- A place to be : new and old geographies of Latin American migration in Florida and beyond / Timothy J. Steigenga, Manuel A. Vásquez, and Philip J. Williams.
- 9780813544922 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813544920 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813544939 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813544939 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "This book is the product of a collaborative transnational research project that grew out of a workshop held at the University of Florida in 2001"--P. vii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5193058