Music of the first nations : tradition and innovation in native North American / edited by Tara Browner
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 166 pages : illustrations, music ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Browner, Tara, 1960-
- Iglulik Inuit drum-dance songs / Paula Conlon -- Musical expressions of the Dene : dogrib love and land songs / Lucy Lafferty and Elaine Keillor -- The story of dirty face : power and song in western Washington Coast Salish myth narratives / Laurel Sercombe -- Drum, songs, vibrations : conversations with a Passamaquoddy traditional singer / Franziska von Rosen (introduction by Tara Browner) -- Identity, retention, and survival : contexts for the performance of native Choctaw music / David E. Draper -- "This is our dance" : the fire dance of the Fort Sill Chiricahua Warm Springs Apache / T. Christopher Aplin -- The creative power and style of ghost dance songs / Judith Vander -- An acoustic geography of intertribal pow-wow songs / Tara Browner -- Singing Indian country / David W. Samuels.
- 9780252022210 (cloth : alk. paper)
0252022211 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5209970