NCLB at the crossroads : reexamining the federal effort to close the achievement gap / Michael A. Rebell, Jessica R. Wolff, editors
- Our children's burden: a history of federal education policies that ask (now require) our public schools to solve social inequality / Amy Stuart Wells -- The challenge and opportunity of African American educational achievement for the United States / Michael T. Nettles, Catherine M. Millett, and Hyeyoung Oh -- Educational policy for linguistically and culturally diverse students: foundation or barrier? / Eugene E. Garcia -- Standards, assessments, and accountability and students with disabilities: an evolving meaning of a "free and appropriate public education" / Margaret J. McLaughlin, Meredith Miceli, and Amanda Hoffman -- "Proficiency for all"--an oxymoron / Richard Rothstein, Rebecca Jacobsen, and Tamara Wilder -- Improving the accountability provisions of NCLB / Robert Linn -- Standards, tests and NCLB: what might come next / Robert Schwartz -- A federal foray into teacher certification: assessing the "highly qualified teacher" provision of NCLB / Susanna Loeb and Luke Miller -- The problem of capacity in the (re) design of educational accountability systems / Richard Elmore -- A vital and viable agenda for reauthorizing NCLB / Michael A. Rebell and Jessica R. Wolff.
- 9780807749449 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0807749443 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Beaver copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 5284127