Back stability : integrating science and therapy / Christopher M. Norris
- Norris, Christopher M.
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 347 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- What is back stability? -- Biomechanics of the lumbar spine -- Stabilization mechanisms of the lumbar spine -- Principles of muscle imbalance -- Posture -- Muscle balance tests -- Foundation movements -- Limb loading -- Unstable base -- Gym ball -- Foam rollers -- Faults with traditional abdominal training -- Abdominal training using stability concepts -- Resistance training for core strength -- Speed and power in core training -- Functional training -- Preliminary client assessment -- Designing the program -- Case history illustrations.
- 9780736070171 (hard cover : alk. paper)
0736070176 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 325-336) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Dorothy V. Harris Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5288196