Goodbye baby [videorecording] : adoptions from Guatemala / a documentary by Patricia Goudvis ; New Day Films ; producer, director, writer, Patricia Goudvis ; additional writer, Alice Stone
- "The number of adoptions from Guatemala to the US has risen dramatically in recent years, as has the controversy. What is seen as an act of love by adoptive parents is viewed with suspicion inside Guatemala, and the film examines the ramifications that money, private lawyers, media coverage and women's rights have on the adoption process. Informed by the filmmaker's own experiences - she's the mother of two children adopted from Guatemala, where she's lived on and off during the past 25 years - Goodbye Baby provides an insightful look into the dramatic and sometimes difficult world of intercountry adoption.
- Special features include: clips from other documentaries by Patricia Goudvis: If the mango tree could speak; Dirty secrets: Jennifer, Everado & the CIA in Guatemala; scene selection.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera and sound, William Turnley ; editor, Alice Stone ; original music, Claudio Ragazzi.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Patricia Goudvis.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 5288337