The talent code : greatness isn't born : it's grown, here's how / Daniel Coyle
- Coyle, Daniel
- New York : Bantam Books, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 246 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Deep practice. The sweet spot -- The deep practice cell -- The Brontës, the Z-Boys, and the Renaissance -- The three rules of deep practice., Ignition. Primal cues -- The Curaçao experiment -- How to ignite a hotbed., and Master coaching. The talent whisperers -- The teaching circuit : a blueprint -- Tom Martinez and the $60 million bet.
- This book shows you how to grow talent by tapping into a newly discovered brain mechanism. Drawing on cutting-edge neurology and firsthand research gathered on journeys to nine of the world's talent hotbeds, author Coyle identifies the three key elements that will allow you to develop your gifts and optimize your performance in sports, art, music, math, or just about anything.--From publisher description.
- 9780553806847 (hardcover) and 055380684X (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -232) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Altoona copy: Purchased with funds from the Robert E. Eiche Memorial Fund; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5298904