A jihad for love [videorecording] / Halal Films in association with ZDF/ARTE, Logo, Katahdin Foundation, Channel 4 Television, SBS-TV Australia, Realise ; producers, Sandi DuBowski, Parvez Sharma ; director, Parvez Sharma
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (81 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Sharma, Parvez
Dubowski, Sandi Simcha
Halal Films (Firm)
Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen
Channel Four (Great Britain)
Special Broadcasting Service (Australia)
First-Run Features (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English, Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Turkish, French dialogue ; with optional English, Arabic, Farsi, French, Hindi, Spanish, Turkish, and Urdu subtitles.
- "First feature documentary to explore the complex global intersections between Islam and homosexuality ... The film travels a wide geographic arc presenting us lives from India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, South Africa and France. Always filming in secret and as a Muslim, [filmmaker] Parvez [Sharma] makes the film from within the faith, depicting Islam with the same respect that the film's characters show for it"--Container.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2007.
Special features (interviews and featurettes): Parvez [Sharma] uncut, Muslim talk show, Traveling "love jihadis," More of Mushin, Tahir's Pakistan, Trans in Turkey, An American Muslim.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directors of photography, Parvez Sharma, Berke Bas ; editor, Juliet Weber ; original music, Sussan Deyhim, Richard Horowitz.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; widescreen format.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted
View MARC record | catkey: 5300858