- vol.1. Ancient and modern traditions (50 min.) -- vol. 2. Painters (50 min.)
- Guide to understanding of Mexican art of the past and present from its beginnings in the masterworks of the Aztecs and Mayans to the autobiographical surrealism of Frida Kahlo. Vol. 1 traces the foundations of Mexican art from its roots in such Indian masterworks as the colossal stone heads of the Olmecs, the stunning jewelry of the Mixtecs, and the famous ritual and sacred objects of the Mayan and Aztec civilizations, through the influence of the Conquest and Christianity on indigenous art forms. Vol. 2 surveys the rich history of Mexican painting, illuminating seminal works by such illustrious artists as colonial painter Baltasar de Echave Orio, 19th century painter Jose Maria Estrada, muralist Diego Rivera, and surrealist Frida Kahlo, among others.
- Related Titles:
- Ancient and modern traditions
- Originally produced in 2002.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, NTSC, Dolby 2.0.
View MARC record | catkey: 5306357