Life inc. : how the world became a corporation and how to take it back / Douglas Rushkoff
- Rushkoff, Douglas
- Additional Titles:
- Life incorporated
- New York : Random House, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 274 pages ; 25 cm
- Your money or your life -- Once removed : the corporate life-form -- Mistaking the map for the territory -- The ownership society -- Individually wrapped -- You, you're the one -- To whom credit is due -- From ecology to economy -- No returns -- Here and now
- In this captivating book, cultural theorist Rushkoff reveals how corporations have come to dominate all aspects of life--including our inner lives--and what to do about it. In tracing the roots of corporatism from the Renaissance to today, Rushkoff reveals the way it supplanted social interaction and local commerce and came to be regarded as a pre-existing condition of our world.
- 9781400066896 (alk. paper)
1400066891 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -259) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5306856