Tempest in the temple : Jewish communities & child sex scandals / edited by Amy Neustein ; foreword by Elliot Dorff ; preface by Jeremy Rosen ; epilogue by Dane S. Claussen
- Waltham, Mass. : Brandeis University Press ; Hanover : Published by University Press of New England, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 272 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Neustein, Amy
- Brandeis series in American Jewish history, culture, & life
- Unholy waters: how a Massachusetts synagogue found its way to shore after a sex abuse scandal, a prosecution, and a lawsuit, as narrated by the synagogue's rabbi and its legal counsel / Loel Weiss & Mark Itzkowitz -- Crossing the line: what makes a rabbi violate sexual boundaries and what can be done about it? / Michelle Friedman -- Straying the course: can Jewish and secular leadership archetypes rein in religious leaders? / Erica Brown -- Out of the Jewish closet: facing the hidden secrets of child sex abuse and the damage done to victims/ Joyanna Silberg & Stephanie Dallam -- A community of co-enablers: why are Jews ignoring traditional Jewish law by protecting the abuser? / Mark Dratch -- The fugitive and the forgotten: cracking the cold case of Rabbi Avrohom Mondrowitz / Michael Lesher -- My cross to bear: how I challenged the Catholic Church hierarchy to atone for their sins against me and other abuse victims / Barbara Blaine -- Justice interrupted: how rabbis can interfere with the prosecution of sex offenders and strategies for how to stop them / Amy Neustein & Michael Lesher -- Be'ad hayeled (for the sake of the child): the educator as part of the solution / Martin Schloss, Deborah Smith, Sara Seligson, & Janette Sassoon -- Pedophiles and penitence: whom to banish, whom to support: helping Jewish communities make the right choices / Robert Weiss.
- 9781584656715 (cloth : alk. paper)
1584656719 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5310898