Selling the Great War : the making of American propaganda / Alan Axelrod
- Axelrod, Alan, 1952-
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 244 pages ; 25 cm
- Making of a muckraker -- Muckraker on the make -- Too proud to fight -- Safe for democracy -- Conjuring the committee -- A monopoly on the news -- Invasion of the four-minute men -- The look of war -- Combat comes to classroom and factory -- Hyphenated America -- Exporting the message -- Legacy.
- Creel, George, 1876-1953
- United States. Committee on Public Information
- Political consultants—United States—Biography
- Politicians—United States—Biography
- World War, 1914-1918—Propaganda
- World War, 1914-1918—United States
- World War, 1914-1918—Public opinion
- Propaganda, American—History—20th century
- Public opinion—United States—History—20th century
- Journalists—United States—Biography
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -238) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5315436