Actor training the Laban way : an integrated approach to voice, speech, and movement / Barbara Adrian ; illustrations by Chelsea Clarke
- Adrian, Barbara
- New York : Allworth Press, [date of publication not identified]
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 193 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rudolf von Laban -- Irmgard Bartenieff -- Laban basics -- Anatomy illustrations -- Breath: inspiration for creative activity -- Bartenieff fundamentals: fitness that supports the actor -- Detailed explorations for breath support -- Neutral dynamic alignment: radiating your physical presence -- Resonance and center pitch: revealing your vocal presence -- Speech shape: fitness for the actor's articulators -- The actor revealed through modes of shape change -- Filling space: exploring your physical and vocal kinesphere -- Consonants: articulation and rhythmic explorations -- Effort life of voice and movement -- Effort life and precise articulation -- Revealing your state of mind -- Drives: expressing heightened moments -- Space harmony for voice, speech, and movement.
- Actors can improve their skills and become more expressive in body and voice by following the teachings of the author of this book, one of the most important movement theorists of the twentieth century. This in depth, fully illustrated guide offers a groundbreaking approach to understanding physical and vocal movement that will enable readers to discover how to maximize their potential. Packed with practical exercises for individuals, partners, and group work, this book integrates voice, speech, and movement. Exercises for breath support, tone, range, articulation, dynamic alignment, balance, flexibility, strength, and stamina, as well as building relationships, this book is essential reading for all serious actors, acting teachers, and students.
- 9781581156485 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 183-184) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5315441