Ella Fitzgerald sings the Harold Arlen song book [sound recording].
- The complete Ella Fitzgerald song books ; disc 13-14
- Disc 13. Blues in the night (My mama done tol' me) -- Let's fall in love -- Stormy weather (Keeps rainin' all the time) -- Between the devil and the deep blue sea -- My shining hour -- Hooray for love -- This time the dream's on me -- That old black magic -- I've got the world on a string -- Let's take a walk around the block -- Ill wind (You're blowin' me no good) -- Ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive -- Disc 14. When the sun comes out -- Come rain or come shine -- As long as I live -- Happiness is a thing called Joe -- It's only a paper moon -- The man that got away -- One for my baby (and one more for the road) -- It was written in the stars -- Get happy -- I gotta right to sing the blues -- Out of this world -- Over the rainbow -- Ding-dong! The witch is dead -- Sing my heart -- Let's take a walk around the block -- Sing my heart.
- Related Titles:
- Harold Arlen song book
- Verve Records: 314 519 832-2 (314 519 845-2--314 519 846-2)., Popular songs; principally from musical revues or film scores., Principally released previously on LP., Compact discs., and Facsimile of the original record jacket on folded case, with program notes ( p. : ports.) bound in; durations, details of the recording sessions, notes by John McDonough, discography and index to songs for the entire set in booklet (119 p. : ill.) in box.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ella Fitzgerald, singer ; arrangements and orchestra conducted by Billy May.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Aug. 1-2, 1960 and Jan. 14-16, 1961 in Los Angeles.
View MARC record | catkey: 5316496