The future of drylands : international scientific conference on desertification and drylands research, Tunis, Tunisia, 19-21 June 2006 / Cathy Lee, Thomas Schaaf, editors
- Conference Author:
- International Scientific Conference on Desertification and Drylands Research (2006 : Tunis, Tunisia)
- Additional Titles:
International scientific conference on desertification and drylands research
Desertification and drylands research
- Dordrecht, Netherlands : Springer ; Paris : UNESCO, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 855 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Lee, Cathy
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Man and the biosphere series
- Opening session -- Conservation of biodiversity, cultural and natural heritage in drylands -- Dryland hydrology and watershed management -- Monitoring and forecasting of dryland ecosystem dynamics -- Sustainable land use and agriculture -- Disaster and risk management in drylands -- Policy, governance and socio-economic dynamics in changing drylands -- Viable dryland livelihood and policy options -- Education and knowledge sharing in drylands -- Closing session.
- 9781402069697 (Springer : acid-free paper)
1402069693 (Springer : acid-free paper)
9789231040528 (Unesco : acid-free paper)
9231040529 (Unesco : acid-free paper)
9781402069703 (e-ISBN Springer)
1402069707 (e-ISBN Springer)
- "Under the leadership of UNESCO, the international scientific conference on the Future of Drylands was held in Tunis, Tunisia from 19 to 21 June 2006"--P. vii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 5319836