The drama of the portrait : theater and visual culture in early modern Spain / Laura R. Bass
- Bass, Laura R., 1965-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 180 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), map, portraits ; 30 cm
- Dramas of the portrait -- Visual literacy and urban comedy -- Stolen identities -- Blood portraits -- The powers and perils of doubles -- Framing the margins on center stage.
- "Examines theater and portraiture as interrelated social practices in seventeenth-century Spain. Features visual images and cross-disciplinary readings of selected plays that employ the motif of the painted portrait to key dramatic and symbolic effect"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271033044 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271033045 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 159-170) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5324177