Great Lakes Indian accommodation and resistance during the early reservation years, 1850-1900 / Edmund Jefferson Danziger, Jr.
- Danziger, Edmund Jefferson, 1938-
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 322 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm
- A homeland and its people -- Making a living -- Agriculture on the Great Lakes homelands -- Old and new alternatives to reservation agriculture -- The homeland becomes a checkerboard : allotment and location tickets -- Battling for the mind and soul -- The education crusade -- Traditional spirituality versus Christianity : finding a balance -- Who shall rule at home? -- Reservation politics : the challenge of shared governance -- Moccasins in the mainstream.
- 9780472096909 (cloth : alk. paper)
0472096907 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780472066902 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0472066900 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-312) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Verna M. Lombard Library Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5325180