Immigration application fees : costing methodology improvements would provide more reliable basis for setting fees : report to congressional requesters
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Government Accountability Office
- Additional Titles:
- Costing methodology improvements would provide more reliable basis for setting fees
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Govt. Accountability Office, 
- Physical Description:
- ii, 43 pages : digital, PDF file
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- USCIS charges fees for the millions of immigration applications it receives each year to fund the cost of processing and adjudicating them. GAO was asked to review the methodology USCIS used in its fee review and controls in place over collection and use of fees.
- Report Numbers:
- GA 1.13:GAO-09-70
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services—Appropriations and expenditures
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services—Rules and practice
- Fees, Administrative—United States—Evaluation
- User charges—Law and legislation—United States
- Naturalization—United States—Costs
- United States—Emigration and immigration—Costs
- Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 29, 2009).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web from GAO web site. Address as of 1/29/09: http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0970.pdf; current access available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 5330462