Clint Eastwood and issues of American masculinity / Drucilla Cornell
- Cornell, Drucilla
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 216 pages ; 23 cm
- Introduction: Shooting Eastwood. Writing the showdown: what's left behind when the sun goes down -- Dancing with the double: reaching out from the darkness within -- Ties that bind: the legacy of a mother's love -- Psychic scars: transformative relationships and moral repair -- Parables of revenge and masculinity in Mystic river / Roger Berkowitz and Drucilla Cornell -- Militarized manhood: shattered images and the trauma of war -- Shades of recognition: privilege, dignity, and the hubris of white masculinity -- Conclusion: the last take.
- 9780823230129 (cloth : alk. paper)
0823230120 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780823230136 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0823230139 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 191-201) and index.
Includes filmography (pages 203-204).
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5334379