Harlem roots. Rhythm in harmony [videorecording].
- Jazz legends
- The short films included in this compilation are known as Soundies. These musical films were shown in a jukebox machine called Panoram. Over 2000 of these films were made between 1941 and 1947. In this film, the focus is on harmony as practiced by five top groups of the day. Popular between 1941 and 1947, the groups include the Mills Brothers, the Charioteers, the Delta Rhythm Boys, the Deep River Boys, and the Jubalaires. They are seen here performing some of their biggest hit songs.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The Mills Brothers ; the Delta Rhythm Boys ; the Charioteers ; the Deep River Boys ; the Jubalaires.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, NTSC, Dolby Digital mono.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Donald M. Haag Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 5335956