Music and the young mind : enhancing brain development and engaging learning / Maureen Harris
- Harris, Maureen, 1956-
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 137 pages : illustrations, music ; 29 cm + 2 CDs (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- MENC, the National Association for Music Education (U.S.)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Brain research and how children learn -- Biology and music-tapping the global rhythm -- Healing -- Gifted children -- Teacher training -- Appropriate curricula -- Multicultural integration -- A year's music curriculum -- Lesson plans of basic concepts -- Resource guide -- Let's get started -- Tomorrow's world -- Appendixes: Songs listed alphabetically -- Action songs -- Tracks on CDs by lesson plan.
- 9781607090618 (cloth : alk. paper)
1607090619 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781607090625 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1607090627 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "Published in partnership with MENC: The National Association for Music Education."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 129-136) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- York copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
Abington copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5338022