Data.gov [electronic resource].
- Washington, DC : U.S. General Services Administration, 2009-
- Additional Creators:
- Chief Information Officers Council (U.S.)
- This site was launched on May 21, 2009, as "a priority Open Government Initiative for President Obama's administration, Data.gov increases the ability of the public to easily find, download, and use datasets that are generated and held by the Federal Government. Data.gov provides descriptions of the Federal datasets (metadata), information about how to access the datasets, and tools that leverage government datasets. The data catalogs will continue to grow as datasets are added. Federal, Executive Branch data are included in the first version of Data.gov. . . . A primary goal of Data.gov is to improve access to Federal data and expand creative use of those data beyond the walls of government by encouraging innovative ideas (e.g., web applications)." -- About page.
- Publication Frequency:
- Updated periodically
- Title from home page caption, viewed May 29, 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Remote access through the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 5343415