Fair bananas! : farmers, workers, and consumers strive to change an industry / Henry J. Frundt
- Frundt, Henry J.
- Additional Titles:
- Farmers, workers, and consumers strive to change an industry
- Tucson : University of Arizona Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 273 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Competing meanings of fairness -- Corporate banana structures -- The fair trade alternative -- Actors for banana development -- Going bananas as a social movement -- The persistent banana environment -- Conundrums of the banana trade -- Resilience of banana unions -- Peasants of the Caribbean and fairer trade -- The Chiquita accord and labor responses -- The new banana-marketing strategies -- Fair trade and freedom of association -- Dole : reluctant fairness -- A proposal for fairer trade -- Toward a sustainable banana alliance.
- 9780816527205 (alk. paper), 0816527202 (alk. paper), 9780816528363 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0816528365 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -266) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5350852