The tragic histories of Mary Queen of Scots, 1560-1690 : rhetoric, passions, and political literature / John D. Staines
- Staines, John D.
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 278 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Introduction : Mary's tragedy and public rhetoric in an age of reform and revolution -- Character, passion, and political rhetoric in Buchanan's Tragic history of the Queen of Scots -- Mary's passions made public : other early versions of her tragic fall -- The tragedy at Fotheringhay -- Guile and public representation : Mary's tragedy in book five of The faerie queene -- "out of this lamentable fortune" : Mary's tragedy and the royal succession -- Charles's grandmother and the rhetoric of revolution.
- 9780754666110 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0754666115 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -266) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5353536