Water first [videorecording] : reaching the millennium development goals / Bullfrog Films presents ; Hart Productions presents ; produced and directed by Amy Hart
- Language Note:
- 28-minute version ; 45 minute version.
- "Through the inspiring story of Charles Banda - a local fireman turned waterman who has drilled more than 800 wells in his impoverished country of Malawi - Water First conveys the critical role of clean water in addressing all other major global issues from hunger and poverty to women's equality, HIV/AIDS and environmental sustainability. These issues are articulated in the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)... Water First shows the vital importance of clean water in meeting all these humanitarian goals." - Container.
- 1594587906 (DVD) 1594587902
- Original 28-minute version premiered in 2006 on World Water Day, at the DC Environmental Film Festival (from http://www.waterfirstfilm.org/data/content/view/23/46/ )
Extended 45-minute version premiered in 2008 at the IV World Water Forum in Mexico City (from http://www.waterfirstfilm.org/data/content/view/23/46/ )
Special feature: Extended 45-minute version that includes full 28-minute version content and an additional 4 chapters focusing on the personal story of Charles Banda.
ISBN on case is 1594587902.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematography, Steve Nealey, Amy Hart ; editor, Amy Hart ; music score, Samite.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Featuring: Charles Banda.
- Technical Details:
- International Jury Award, International Water and Film Festival, World Water Forum ; Fulbright Cultural Exchange Award, EcoFilm Festival, Rodos, Greece.
View MARC record | catkey: 5428146