Craft production in complex societies : multicraft and producer perspectives / edited by Izumi Shimada
- Salt Lake City : University of Utah Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 290 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shimada, Izumi
Society for American Archaeology. Annual Meeting (68th : 2003 : Milwaukee, Wis.)
- Foundations of archaeological inquiry
- Multicrafting, migration, and identity in the American Southwest / Barbara J. Mills -- Middle Sicán multicraft production : resource management and labor organization / David J. Goldstein and Izumi Shimada -- A community of potters or multicrafting wives of polygynous lords? / William H. Isbell -- Craft production in classic period Oaxaca : implications for Monte Albán's political economy / Gary M. Feinman and Linda M. Nicholas -- Classic Maya elite competition, collaboration, and performance in multicraft production / Takeshi Inomata -- Structures of craft production, society, and political control : late prehistoric and early Roman temperate Europe / Peter S. Wells -- Multiple crafts and socioeconomic associations in the Indus civilization : new perspectives from Harappa, Pakistan / Jonathan Mark Kenoyer and Heather M.-L. Miller -- Co-craft and multicraft : section-mold casting and the organization of craft production at the Shang capital of Anyang / Yung-ti Li -- Diachronic change in crafts and centers in south-central Veracruz, Mexico / Barbara L. Stark -- It's all in a day's work : occupational specialization on the Peruvian north coast, revisited / Susan E. Ramírez.
- Outgrowth of a symposium held at the 2003 Annual Meeting of the Society for American Archaeology in Milwaukee.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5429379