Global perspectives on multilingualism : unity in diversity / edited by María E. Torres-Guzmán, Joel Gómez
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 216 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Torres-Guzmán, Maria E. and Gómez, Joel R.
- Introduction : multilingualism for understanding / María E. Torres-Guzmán and Joel Gómez -- Enabling biliteracy among young children in southern Africa : realities, visions and strategies / Carole Bloch -- Multilingualism in South African schools : where to now? / Rosemary Wildsmith-Cromarty -- African cityscapes and schools : imagining multilingual education / Tope Omoniyi -- Towards bilingualism in multiethnic Slovakia : the formal education of ethnic Hungarians / Ildikó Vančo -- Multilingual primary schools in Germany : models and research / Ursula Neumann and Hans-Joachim Roth -- Multilingual education in Germany : discourses, practices, and experiences in two-way immersion / Gabriele Budach -- Multilingualism in action : language education policy in the rapidly changing society of Taiwan / Chen-ching Li -- Effective transformation or illusion? : teacher empowerment through the construction of bilingual education programs in Colombia / Anne-Marie de Mejía, Harvey Tejada, and Sol Colmenares -- Multiculturalism and language education in New Zealand : past, present, and future / Roger Barnard -- Afterword: Multilingualism for understanding : iZemia's unity in linguistic diversity / María E. Torres-Guzmán and Joel Gómez.
- 9780807749722 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0807749729 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5431255