Here's the story : using narrative to promote young children's language and literacy learning / edited by Daniel R. Meier ; foreword by María de la Luz Reyes
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 169 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Meier, Daniel R.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- From zero to three: the value of stories for young children's language learning / Erica Almaguer and Gena Wilson -- Using story drama with young preschoolers / Todd Wanerman -- The superhero project: language, stories, and critical thinking / Patricia Sullivan -- Telling stories and learning to tell stories: lessons from a professional storyteller / Nadia Jaboneta -- How social stories support the early literacy learning of toddlers / Kim Hughes -- Pictures in our lives: using wordless picture books with new language learners / Nathan Weber -- Personal stories as a home-school link in a bilingual kindergarten / Lori Oldham -- The book after a book project: aspects of teaching English as a foreign language / Inas Deeb and Valerie Jakar -- "Once upon a time there was a-- ": forms and functions of story dictation in preschool / Jeff Daitsman -- The art and artistry of Nina Crews: picture books as springboards to dictation in preschool / Daniel Meier -- Magic and imagination in children's picture books: an interview with Elisa Kleven / as told to Daniel Meier -- When is a story a story?: the fragmentation of story in a first-grade classroom / Rebecca Akin.
- 9780807749791 (pbk.), 0807749796 (pbk.), 9780807749807 (hardcover), and 080774980X (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5431256