The myth of presidential representation / B. Dan Wood
- Wood, B. Dan
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 226 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The nature of presidential representation -- The centrist and partisan theories of presidential representation -- Measuring mass preferences and presidential issue stances -- Evaluating the centrist vs. partisan models of presidential representation -- Presidential persuasion and the mass public -- Centrism, partisanship, and public approval of the president's job performance -- The efficacy for American democracy of non-centrist, partisan presidential representation.
- 9780521116589 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-218) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Elizabeth Epp Taft Library Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5431322