Transnational spaces and identities in the francophone world / edited by Hafid Gafaïti, Patricia M.E. Lorcin, and David G. Troyansky
- France overseas
- The French colonial myth of a Pan-Mediterranean civilization / Philip Dine -- The uncomfortable inhabitants of French colonial modernity : Mandate Syria's communities of collaboration (1920-1946) / Keith David Watenpaugh -- Race making and race mixing in the early twentieth-century immigration debate / Elisa Camiscioli -- Shantytown republics : Algerian migrants and the culture of space in the Bidonvilles / Neil MacMaster -- Excluding the Harkis from repatriate status, excluding Muslim Algerians from French identity / Todd Shepard -- The transformation of French identity in Mathieu Kassovitz's films Métisse (1993) and La haine (1995) / Alain Gabon -- A poet's politics : Jean Sénac's writings during the Algerian War / Robert Aldrich -- Counterviolence and the ethics of nomadism : Malika Mokeddem's reconstruction of Algerian identity / Trudy Agar-Mendousse -- Interpretation, representation, and belonging in the works of Leïla Sebbar / Mary McCullough -- Jews from Algeria and French Jewish identity / Sarah Sussman -- Anti-Arab and anti-French tendencies in post-1948 oriental Jewish literature written in French / Johann Sadock -- The figure of the Jew in North Africa : Memmi, Derrida, Cixous / Brigitte Weltman-Aron -- Transnational identities in the novels of Amin Maalouf / Antony Johae -- Madwoman in the Senegalese Muslim attic : reading Myriam Warner-Vieyra's Juletane and Mariama Bâ's Un chant écarlate / Joseph Militello -- Gender, exile, and return in Viêt-Kiều literature / Georges van den Abbeele -- Vietnamese relationships : Confucian or francophone model / Ali Yédes -- Feminism and neocolonialism : discursive practices / Habiba Deming -- The self as other : Yasmina Bouziane / David Prochaska -- Displaying world culture in provincial France : francophonie in Limoges / David G. Troyansky.
- Minorities—France—Social conditions
- Immigrants—France—Social conditions
- Postcolonialism—Social aspects—France
- French literature—France—Colonies—History and criticism
- France—Ethnic relations
- France—Emigration and immigration—Social aspects
- France—Colonies—Social conditions
- French-speaking countries—Social conditions
- 9780803244528 (paper : alk. paper) and 0803244525 (paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5431384