Flashdance [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures presents a Polygram Pictures production, an Adrian Lyne film ; produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer ; story by Tom Hedley ; screenplay by Tom Hedley and Joe Eszterhas ; directed by Adrian Lyne
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Home Entertainment, 
- Special collector's ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (94 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 compact disc (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Simpson, Don, 1945-1996
Cara, Irene, 1959-
Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English (Dolby 5.1), dubbed French (Dolby 2.0), dubbed Portuguese (Dolby mono.) or dubbed Spanish (Dolby mono.) dialogue, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Alex Owens is a Pittsburgh steel worker by day and an exotic dancer by night. Her dream is to get into a real dance company. With encouragement from her boss/boyfriend, she may get her chance.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1983.
Special features: The history of Flashdance; the look of Flashdance; Flashdance: music and songs; Flashdance: the choreography; releasing the Flashdance phenomenon; teaser trailer; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Don Peterman ; editors, Bud Smith, Walt Mulconer ; original music, Giorgio Moroder ; production designer, Charles Rosen ; choreography, Jeffrey Hornaday.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jennifer Beals, Michael Nouri, Belinda Bauer, Lilia Skala.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (16:9, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo. surround, Dolby Digital mono.
- This DVD is copy protected.
- Academy Awards, USA, 1984: Oscar - Best Music, Original Song (Giorgio Moroder (music), Keith Forsey (lyrics) and Irene Cara (lyrics)).
Golden Globes, USA, 1984: Best Original Score - Motion Picture (Giorgio Moroder) ; Best Original Song - Motion Picture (Giorgio Moroder (music), Keith Forsey (lyrics) and Irene Cara (lyrics)).
View MARC record | catkey: 5434945