As light before dawn : the inner world of a medieval kabbalist / Eitan P. Fishbane
- Fishbane, Eitan P., 1975-
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 322 pages ; 24 cm.
- Stanford studies in Jewish history and culture
- pt. 1. Context. Perspectives and new directions : reflections on the state of scholarship -- The wandering kabbalist : historical profile and context -- pt. 2. Reception and transmission. Receiving tradition, constructing authority -- Intentions and the recovery of meaning -- Seeing the secret : creative process and the hermeneutics of insight -- pt. 3. Contemplative practice, mystical experience. Contemplation, theurgical action, and the presence of God -- Techniques of mystical contemplation : kavvanah and devotional experience -- Asceticism, prophecy, and mystical union.
- 9780804759137 (cloth : alk. paper)
0804759138 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 5436835