Fiction on the fringe : novelistic writing in the post-classical age / edited by Grammatiki A. Karla
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 194 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Karla, Grammatiki A.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Mnemosyne. Supplements, 0169-8958 ; v. 310. Monographs on Greek and Roman language and literature
- Challenging some orthodoxies: the politics of genre and the ancient Greek novel / Helen Morales -- Fictional biography vis-à-vis romance: affinity and differentiation / Grammatiki A. Karla -- Novelistic lives and historical biographies: the Life of Aesop and the Alexander romance as fringe novels / Corinne Jouanno -- Romance without eros / John-Theophanes A. Papademetriou -- The ideal Greek novel from a biographical perspective / Tomas Hägg -- The historical novel in the Greek world: Xenophon's Cyropaedia / Bernhard Zimmermann -- Reunion and regeneration: narrative patterns in ancient Greek novels and Christian acts / David Konstan -- Novelistic and anti-novelistic narrative in the Acts of Thomas and the Acts of Andrew and Matthias / Jason König -- Pausanias the novelist / William Hutton -- Fictional anxieties / Richard Hunter.
- 9789004175471 (acid-free paper)
9004175474 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 5530606