Upton's Regulars : the 121st New York Infantry in the Civil War / Salvatore G. Cilella, Jr.
- Cilella, Salvatore G.
- Lawrence, Kan. : University Press of Kansas, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 586 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Modern war studies
- Congressman Franchot recruits a regiment -- "The nursery of soldiers" : the men and boys from Herkimer and Otsego counties -- Stumbling into war -- Emory Upton takes command -- Desertion, disarray, and despair : Winter 1862-1863 -- Burnside, Mud, and Hooker -- Chancellorsville and Salem Church -- After Gettysburg : becoming abolitionists, June to October 1863 -- To Rappahannock Station -- Winter quarters, December 15, 1863, to May 4, 1864 -- Grant's overland campaign, May to June 1864 -- To Washington and the valley -- Return to Petersburg, December 1864 to april 1865 -- Lee surrenders and the war ends -- Touching elbows : the regimental association -- Shaping the memory : writing the history -- Epilogue.
- 9780700616459 (cloth : alk. paper)
0700616454 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 541-562) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5532250