Political economy and the states of literature in early modern England / Aaron Kitch
- Kitch, Aaron
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 216 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Spenser and the 'Right Vsaunce' of wealth -- Love's exchequer, or the uses of pleasure in the English epyllion -- Fishing for gold : the political economy of Nashe's Lenten stuffe -- Shylock's 'sacred nation' : commerce, statehood, and the figure of the Jew in Marlowe's Jew of Malta and Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice -- Character, credit, and belief in Middleton's city comedies -- Britain's bourse : Jonson and the rival forms of entertainment.
- 9780754667568 (alk. paper)
0754667561 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -210) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5543129