Pennsylvania's revolution / edited by William Pencak
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 396 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Pencak, William, 1951-2013
- "Falling under the domination totally of Presbyterians": the Paxton Riots and the coming of the Revolution in Pennsylvania / Nathan Kozuskanich -- The Americanization of the Pennsylvania Almanac / Patrick Spero -- German-Language almanacs in Revolutionary Pennsylvania / Philipp Münch -- Religion, the American Revolution, and the Pennsylvania Germans / John B. Frantz -- Out of many, one: Pennsylvania's Anglican loyalist clergy in the American Revolution / William Pencak -- The sons of the old chiefs: surveying identity and European-American relationships in the "new purchase" territory (Centre County, Pennsylvania, 1769-1778) / Russell Spinney -- Double dishonor: loyalists on the middle frontier / Douglas MacGregor -- Esther DeBerdt Reed and female political subjectivity in Revolutionary Pennsylvania: identity, agency, and alienation in 1775 / Owen S. Ireland -- Redcoat theater: negotiating identity in occupied Philadelphia, 1777-1778 / Meredith H. Lair -- William Thompson and the Pennsylvania Riflemen / Robert J. Guy jr. -- Agency and opportunity: Isaac Craig, the craftsman who became a gentleman / Melissah J. Pawlikowski -- Constructing community and the diversity dilemma: ratification in Pennsylvania / Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe -- The decline of the cheerful taxpayer: taxation in Pennsylvania, c. 1776-1815 / Anthony M. Joseph -- Two winters of discontent: a comparative look at the continental army's encampments at Valley Forge and Jockey Hollow / James S. Bailey -- Music, mayhem, and melodrama: the portrayal of the American Revolution in Pennsylvania on film / Karen Guenther.
- "A collection of essays on the American Revolution in Pennsylvania. Topics include the politicization of the English- and German-language press and the population they served; the Revolution in remote areas of the state; and new historical perspectives on the American and British armies during the Valley Forge winter"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271035796 (cloth : alk. paper) and 027103579X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5545130