ACSM's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities / American College of Sports Medicine ; [edited by] J. Larry Durstine [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities
American College of Sports Medicine's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, [date of publication not identified]
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 440 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Durstine, J. Larry
American College of Sports Medicine
- pt. I. Framework / J. Larry Durstine -- Introduction / Geoffrey E. Moore, Scott O. Roberts, J. Larry Durstine -- Approach to exercise and disease management / Geoffrey E. Moore, Anthony P. Marsh, J. Larry Durstine -- Exercise is medicine / J. Larry Durstine [and others] -- Managing exercise in persons with multiple chronic conditions / Geoffrey E. Moore [and others] -- Physical activity for children and adolescents / William F. Riner, Richard J. Sabath -- pt. II. Cardiovascular diseases / Scott O. Roberts, Peter H. Brubaker -- Myocardial infarction / Barry A. Franklin -- Revascularization: CABGS and PTCA or PCI / Barry A. Franklin -- Angina and silent ischemia / Daniel Friedman, Scott O. Roberts -- Atrial Fibrillation / J. Edwin Atwood, Jonathan N. Myers -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators / Scott O. Roberts, Michael West -- Valvular heart disease / Daniel Friedman, Scott O. Roberts -- Chronic heart failure / Jonathan N. Myers, Peter H. Brubaker -- Cardiac transplant / Ross Arena -- Hypertension / Neil F. Gordon -- Peripheral arterial disease / Christopher J. Womack, Andrew W. Gardner, Raha Nael -- Aneurysms / Jonathan N. Myers -- pt. III. Pulmonary diseases / Christopher B. Cooper -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / Christopher B. Cooper -- Chronic restrictive pulmonary disease / Connie C.W. Hsia -- Asthma / Christopher J. Clark, Lorna M. Cochrane -- Cystic fibrosis / Patricia A. Nixon -- Lung and heart-lung transplantation / David L. Balfe, David J. Ross -- pt. IV Metabolic diseases / Patricia L. Painter, J. Larry Durstine -- Hyperlipidemia / J. Larry Durstine, Geoffrey E. Moore, Donna Polk -- End-stage metabolic disease: Chronic kidney disease and liver failure / Patricia L. Painter, Joanne B. Krasnoff -- Diabetes / W. Guyton Hornsby Jr., Ann L. Albright -- Obesity / Janet P. Wallace, Shahla Ray -- Frailty / Constance Mois Bayles, Selena Chan, Joseph Robare -- pt. V. Immunological and hematological disorders -- Cancer / Anna L. Schwartz -- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) / Gregory A. Hand, G. William Lyerly, Wesley D. Dudgeon -- Abdominal organ transplant (Kidney, Liver, Pancreas) / Patricia L. Painter, Joanne B. Krasnoff -- Chronic fatigue syndrome / Stephen P. Bailey -- Fibromyalgia / Kathy Lemley -- Anemia / Kirsten L. Johansen -- Bleeding and clotting disorders / Geoffrey E. Moore, Michael Lockard -- pt. VI. Orthopedic diseases and disabilities / Kenneth H. Pitetti -- Arthritis / Marian A. Minor, Donald R. Kay -- Lower back pain syndrome / Maureen J. Simmonds, Tamar Derghazarian -- Osteoporosis / Susan S. Smith, Che-Hsiang Elizabeth Wang, Susan A. Bloomfield -- Lower limb amputation / Kenneth H. Pitetti, Mark H. Pedrotty -- pt. VII. Neuromuscular disorders / Terry Nicola -- Stroke and brain injury / Karen Palmer-McLean, Kimberly B. Harbst -- Spinal cord disabilities: paraplegia and tetraplegia / Stephen F. Figoni -- Muscular dystrophy / Mark A. Tarnopolsky -- Epilepsy / Karl Otto Nakken -- Multiple sclerosis / Kurt Jackson, Janet A. Mulcare -- Polio and post-polio syndrome / Thomas J. Birk -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Vanina Dal Bello-Haas, Lisa Stroud Krivickas -- Cerebral palsy / James J. Laskin -- Parkinson's disease / Elizabeth J. Protas, Rhonda K. Stanley, Joseph Jankovic -- pt. VIII. Cognitive, psychological, and sensory disorders / Lorraine E. Colson Bloomquist -- Intellectual disabilities / Patricia Fegan -- Alzheimer's disease / James H. Rimmer, Donald L. Smith -- Mental illness / Gary S. Skrinar, Dori S. Hutchinson -- Stress and anxiety disorders / Gary A. Hand, Jason R. Jaggers, Wesley D. Dudgeon -- Deaf and hard of hearing / M. Kathleen Ellis, Tracy Karasinski -- Visual impairment / Larry J. Leverenz.
- Now in its third edition, ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons With Chronic Diseases and Disabilities offers both exercise and health professionals the latest research and applications for integrating exercise into the treatment of 49 chronic diseases and disabilities. This reference was developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and written by contributors with significant clinical and research experience in exercise programming for people with chronic conditions. ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons With Chronic Diseases and Disabilities, Third Edition, contains tools to assist in the coordination of exercise within an integrated model of patient care. The updated edition presents a framework for determining functional capacity in persons with chronic diseases and disabilities and offers guidance in developing appropriate exercise programming to optimize functional capacity and reduce the compounding effects of exercise intolerance.
- Exercise therapy
- Exercise tests
- Chronic diseases—Exercise therapy
- People with disabilities—Rehabilitation
- Exercise Therapy—standards
- Chronic Disease—rehabilitation
- Disabled Persons—rehabilitation
- Exercise Test—methods
- Thérapeutique par l'exercice
- Épreuves d'effort
- Maladies chroniques—Thérapeutique par l'exercice
- Chronisch Kranker
- 9780736074339 (hard cover)
0736074333 (hard cover)
- Revised edition of: ACSM's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities / American College of Sports Medicine. 2nd ed. c2003.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5547446