Christmas unwrapped [videorecording] : the history of Christmas / A & E Home Video ; produced by History Television Network Productions, H-TV ; produced and written by Alison Guss
- Additional Titles:
- History of Christmas
- [United States] : A & E Television Network, 2005.
New York : Marketed and distributed in the U.S. by New Video Group.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 50 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Guss, Alison, Smith, Harry, 1951-, A & E Home Video (Firm), History Channel (Television network), Arts and Entertainment Network, and New Video Group
- Traces the emergence of the modern-day Christmas celebration from pagan festivals such as the Roman Saturnalia, and how British settlers in the New World transformed the patron saint of children into the enduring figure of Santa Claus.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Peter Abraham ... [et al.]; editor, Nancy Kennedy.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host: Harry Smith.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 5617353