Always a winner! : finding your competitive advantage in an up and down economy / Peter Navarro
- Navarro, Peter
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 222 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Why recessions are more dangerous than any 10 competitors -- What good to great and always a winner organizations have in common -- What are the three steps to becoming an always a winner organization? -- How to strategically manage through the business cycle seasons -- How (and why) the business cycle cycles -- How to forecast the business cycle in four easy pieces -- Why the GDP equation is your most important forecasting tool -- Why tracking the consumer is the ultimate confidence game -- Why taking the pulse of business investment is as simple as ISM -- How falling exports can flatten an economy in a flat world -- Why Uncle Sam is the spender of last resort -- How do I fear thee, inflation? Let me count the ways -- Why the bond market is not a casino -- Why forecasting a recession is no bull (market) --
How the corporate earnings calendar literally "guides" your strategy -- How to recession-proof your supply chain -- Why cherry picking the talent pool during recessions is your quality key -- Why countercyclical advertising is the best way to build brand and market share -- Why companies often price their products and manage credit exactly wrong -- How to not get run over by the capital expenditures bandwagon -- Why you should buy low and sell high over the stock market cycle -- How to minimize your capital financing costs over the interest rate cycle -- Why always a winner organizations always begin with a strong business cycle management orientation -- How every executive team can boost its economic and financial market literacy -- Why a facilitative structure must follow your business cycle management strategy -- Why a supportive organizational culture is essential to always being a winner -- How to protect your 401(k) in an up-and-down stock market.
- 9780470497203 (cloth : acid-free paper)
0470497203 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5618490