Reinventing ritual : contemporary art and design for Jewish life / Daniel Belasco ; with contributions by Arnold M. Eisen [and others].
- Belasco, Daniel, 1975-
- New York : Jewish Museum ; New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 138 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Eisen, Arnold M., 1951-, Jewish Museum (New York, N.Y.), and Contemporary Jewish Museum (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Chopping noodles: the art of Jewish practice / Daniel Belasco -- "How can I simply throw away these shoes that have served me so well?": recycling and Jewish ritual / Julie Lasky -- Heaven and earth: some notes on new Jewish ritual / Danya Ruttenberg -- A cultural timeline, 1994-2008 / Tamar Rubin.
- "A guidebook to the most current trends in contemporary Jewish art and design, Reinventing Ritual provides an unprecedented look at the work and thought of contemporary artists as they respond to the needs and practices of traditional culture. Beautifully illustrated with new art from Israel, Europe, and the Americas, this publication features both traditional and avant-garde sculpture, textiles, architecture, metalwork, and ceramics by forty leading artists."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780300146820 (Paperbound : flexicover)
0300146825 (Paperbound : flexicover)
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held Sept. 13, 2009-Feb. 7, 2010, the Jewish Museum, New York, and Apr. 22-Sept. 28, 2010, Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 119-123) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5619778