China's state-owned enterprise reforms : an industrial and CEO approach / Juan Antonio Fernández and Leila Fernández-Stembridge
- Fernandez, Juan Antonio, 1956-
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 307 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fernández-Stembridge, Leila, 1972-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Routledge studies in the growth economies of Asia ; 65
- Home appliances -- Automobiles -- Civil aviation -- Construction -- Cosmetics -- Energy -- Food -- Insurance -- Pharmaceuticals -- Steel -- Telecommunications.
- "Much has been written on China's State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) reform following the restructuring impact on China's economic reform process in the last decade. However, as a major root of social and economic change, little has been discussed beyond a description of SOEs' shortcomings and their overall impact on the economy. This book provides a more in-depth analysis of SOEs by assessing the transformation process of 11 specific industries, with reference to the state of competition, the influence of WTO membership, and the challenges these industries face in the future. Importantly, the authors also provide a personal perspective alongside the industry analysis with 11 case studies of firms actually undergoing this restructuring process, including interviews with crucial agents of reform such as CEOs and GMs."--BOOK JACKET.
- 0415402689 (hbk), 020396697X (ebk), 9780415402682 (hbk), and 9780203966976 (ebk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -299) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5620322