Francis Crick : hunter of life's secrets / Robert Olby
- Olby, Robert C. (Robert Cecil)
- Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. : Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 538 pages, 24 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The call to Stockholm -- A difficult act to follow -- From the provinces to the big city -- War work for the Royal Navy -- Biology at the strangeways -- Helical molecules at the Cavendish Laboratory -- The DNA fiasco -- Two pitchmen in search of a helix -- A most important discovery -- Publishing the model -- Employed by the John Wayne of crystallography -- The genetic code -- Preaching the central dogma -- Crick as experimentalist attacking the genetic code -- The excitement of the sixties -- Speaking out on controversial subjects -- Biological complexity -- Leaving the "old country" -- Taking the plunge: neuroscience -- From the searchlight to the soul -- Eighty-eight years.
- 9780879697983 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0879697989 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Erie Endowment of Verna M. Lombard Library Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 5622814