Pull : the power of the Semantic Web to transform your business / David Siegel
- Siegel, David, 1959-
- New York : Portfolio, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 270 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Pt. I. The Pull Power Shift -- 1. The End of Push -- 2. The World of Pull -- 3. The Shipper Project -- 4. Retail Pull -- 5. Financial Transparency -- 6. Pulling Books -- Pt. II. Foundations -- 7. The Great Data Migration -- 8. Passive Commerce -- 9. The Home of the Future -- 10. Semantic Search -- 11. Pull Marketing -- 12. The Knowledge Crisis -- Pt. III. Domains -- 13. Legal Pull -- 14. Patient Pull -- 15. The FairTax -- 16. The Performance Economy -- 17. One Big Step.
- "You hold in your hands the blueprint to the next disruptive wave. Some call it Web 3.0; others call it the semantic web. It's a fundamental transition from pushing information to pulling, using a new way of thinking and collaborating online. Using the principles of this book, you will slash 5-20 percent off your bottom line, make your customers happier, accelerate your industry, and prepare your company for the twenty-first century. It isn't going to be easy, and you don't have any choice. By 2015, your company will be more agile and your processes more flexible than you ever thought possible." "The semantic web leads to possibilities straight from science fiction, such as buildings that can order their own supplies, and stores that automatically bill you as you walk out the door. But it also leads to major changes in every field, from shipping and retail distribution to health care and financial reporting."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781591842774 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-257) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5623285