Heart disease / Clay Farris Naff, book editor
- Detroit : Gale Cengage Learning, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 135 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Naff, Clay Farris
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Perspectives on diseases & disorders
- Introduction -- ch. 1. Understanding heart disease -- 1. America's leading killer / World of Health -- 2. Heart disease hits women harder / Roni Rabin -- 3. Even young athletes are vulnerable to heart attacks / Clinton Colmenares -- 4. Mammography may prove useful in detecting heart disease / Jonathan R. Adkins et al. -- 5. Fish oil shows promise in preventing heart disease / Sabrina Rubin Erdely, Denny Watkins, and Katy Gagnon -- 6. Lifestyle changes can help head off a heart attack / Lynnell Nixon-Knight -- ch. 2. Controversies about heart disease -- 1. Body fat is a threat to the heart / Mary Desaulniers -- 2. Body fat is not a threat to the heart / Natalie Angier -- 3. Prayer may help in healing / Duke Medical Center News -- 4. Prayer appears unhelpful in healing / William Saletan -- 5. Driving cholesterol ever lower with drugs is safe / Harvard Men's Health Watch -- 6. Driving cholesterol ever lower with drugs is unsafe / Andrew Moore et al. -- ch. 3. Personal experiences of heart disease -- 1. More than you wanted to know about my heart attack / Helen Smith -- 2. An unforgettable anniversary / John Kelly -- 3. Leaving the office / Judi Herring -- 4. A second attack changes everything / peter Kilfoyle, interviewed by Anushka Asthana -- Glossary -- Chronology -- Organizations to contact -- For further reading -- Index.
- 9780737740264 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 130-131) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5711024