Torture as public policy : restoring U.S. credibility on the world stage / James P. Pfiffner
- Pfiffner, James P.
- Boulder, CO : Paradigm Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 210 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction : U.S. detainee policy -- Policy making on torture -- Operations : the implementation of policy -- The logic of torture : moral and behavioral issues -- Torture and the law -- Command responsibility.
- Discusses the United States' public policies on torture, examining incidents of torture that occurred during George W. Bush's administration and the philosophical and legal basis used for those policies and practices, and describing the policy changes made by the Obama administration to help the United States regain credibility.
- 9781594515088 (hbk. : alk. paper)
1594515085 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9781594515095 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1594515093 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5712400