Secret history, or, The horrors of St. Domingo : in a series of letters / written by a lady at Cape Francois, to Colonel Burr, late vice-president of the United States, principally during the command of General Rochambeau
- Sansay, Leonora, 1781-
- Additional Titles:
- Horrors of St. Domingo
- Philadelphia : Published by Bradford & Inskeep, 1808. and [Philadelphia] : R. Carr.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 225 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Burr, Aaron, 1756-1836, Carr, Robert, Du Ponceau, Peter Stephen, 1760-1844, and Bradford and Inskeep
- Charles L. Blockson Collection of African Americana and the African Diaspora.
- Running title: Horrors of St. Domingo., Last page blank., Attributed to Leonora Sansay by Wright., A novel of the upheavals in St. Domingo written by an eye-witness., and Blockson Collection Vault copy inscribed in presentation by Peter S. Du Ponceau, a leading authority on international law, counsellor at law in the Supreme Court of the U.S. and later Provost of the Law Academy of Philadelphia.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wright, L.H. American fiction, 1774-1850 (2nd ed.) 2280 and Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present, 30807
View MARC record | catkey: 5715441